Thursday, May 31, 2007

What a Surprise!

Last night, Anthony and I went to our friends' apartment to have dinner before I head out to Houston and then Europe. Well, they had me. I got there and more of our friends jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!" It was awesome! I have never had a surprise party before. In fact, I had kind of hoped someone would give me a going away party, but I put it out of my mind in order to not be disapointed if it didn't happen, but it did, and it was a surprise!!! They are absolutely amazing people, and I am so blessed to be able to call them friends. Anyway last night was absolutely fantastic!

Speaking of last nights, last night was my last night in Austin for quite a while. We drive to Houston tonight to stay there with my family until Monday when I fly out. I have not started packing yet. I really need to get on the ball on that one. I hope it won't be too bad and hectic. I am also a little apprehensive as this will be the longest time I have spent away from my husband. Well, God will be with us both, so I am not worried. God has provided us with many friends, who will pray for us, and take care of us when it is needed, and he has shown us that many times.

For example, our friend Kevin just helped us get our new Washer and dryer over to our new apartment. It was really great seeing Anthony and Kevin working on the appliances, and I also noticed that when Anthony would normally have been very frustrated, he wasn't because of our friend's presense. It was very nice and refreshing to have that kind of help. Thanks so much Kevin!

1 comment:

myra said...

Sorry we didn't make it to your party. I'm glad you had a great time though and were surprised :). Have a wonderful time in Germany. I know being in a different culture on your own for 5 weeks will be life changing. Have a wonderful trip!